Waiting is the worst possible thing that can happen to anyone. It takes a toll on your patience and can make your day miserable.
In my job it’s a normal thing. I m in sales n I wait for customers, trains, planes, taxi and the list goes on n on.
Right now I m waiting for an important customer while he is enjoying his lunch.
Anyway waiting is now a big part of my life.
Most of the people look at waiting as a negative thing. I m also in sync with those people but being an optimistic person I always look for positivity in everything.
Waiting also allows you to catch up on important things which were pending and u had no time to finish those.
You can always
increase your activity on social networking sites n also catch up with old friends.
You can work on the presentation, reports, your resume to name a few.
Waiting also gives me a piece of mind as I think about what am I doing in life and is it worth doing it. In fact most of my life important decisions were taken while I was waiting for some or the other things.
You know if anxiety is subtracted from waiting than you will have one of the best break from your routine n fast life. You will have sense of calmness in your behaviour.
Well people can give lots of logic on waiting but my mantra of life is being cool n whatever I m doing n always look for positives in my life.
People always calls me Mr. Cool n I love this tag on me.
Signing off !!!
It seems my waiting got over as my customer has called me !!!
When I look out of a window from my hotel room where I stay when I travel for office work, I see completely different environment filled with strangers. People so different yet so familiar. I have a tendency to make good relations with hotel waiters, car drivers, guards and other people.
People say I am very good in my people handling skills. I always try to make them happy by asking them about their personal lives and show respect. They love to talk about themselves and you understand how tough life is for some people in this world. Most important they will go to that extra mile just for you and believe me it feels simply awesome.
In turn I get respect and personal touch which keeps me motivated and makes me feel I m not far from home.
I love to travel on business as this means u meet lots of people, experience various cultures, understand uniqueness among similarities and gain knowledge. Most importantly there is no worry on food and stay expenses.
Travel means for me is to get out of routine life
- You have lots of “me” time which means you can eat what you want, and do anything like watching movies, play games, talk to friends, surf sports channel. Actually the list is quite long which u are unable to do it at home due to several obvious reasons.
- You introspect on your life and job. You try to think what’s ur expectations from these and how life is treating you?
- How r u rating urself against your set goals etc etc.
- You get to see new places and enjoy nature. I always make sure to take a new route and experience new things.
Trust me; I have been through some of the craziest things ever in my life. I guess most of the life’s best experiences are felt while traveling.
- Once I was traveling in a car in a hilly place and lighting struck near to us in a tree. We went nuts for sometime and started laughing. It was fear for a moment than joy of being alive.
- A guy who told me he has lost his wallet and has no money. I gave him INR 500 to reach home as I felt pity for him. He promised to return money when he gets home. I saw a glow in his face when he got money but it seems it was all vain as he never showed up. I feel pity on myself now and lost trust. I feel the deserving people will not get the money now from me.
- Had minor accident thrice in a single day. Three large dents in a third party car. Thankfuly.
- Waited five exhuciating hours to meet a customer. Just imagine what I had been through. F&%$^&%^ that customer.
- Received 5 orders on a single day. It seems like a dream and I was above the sky after this.
- Woke up at 6 am traveled to a destination, worked all day, reached hotel. Was awake till 3 am to catch a train. After this ordeal slept like there is no morning. Almost missed my destination station back.
- Saw a 3 foot lizard in the middle of nowhere and got scared as I was alone and had nowhere else to go but to look and wait.
I guess there are numerous other events like those which I experienced when I traveled for work.
These experiences seem never ending and I look forward to more of it. Most important I love being in sales.
I think I love my job for the time being as change is constant.